We want you in our log, so please help us by following these guidelines.
All island communications will be via the Pilots. Do not send e-mails to the team, they will not be seen. The Pilots have no access to the logs, they can not confirm a QSO or perform a “log check”
- If you cannot hear us, please don’t call. Wait until propagation and conditions favor your QTH for one or more of the Bands / Modes.
- Unless you hear otherwise from the Operator, we will ALWAYS be operating in SPLIT MODE throughout the DXpedition.
- Listen to the Operator for RX frequencies (e.g., “up 5 to 10”, or “listening on 7.155”, etc.)
- You have two ears and one mouth, so please try to listen more, talk less. Be patient.
- During SSB pileups, please use common phonetics.
- Do NOT call continually without listening or call over a station being worked.
- During ALL pileups, listen for YOUR call on the comeback. Trust that we have two good ears.
- We’re not impressed by those who add to the QRM by constantly calling out of turn.
- Please do not Tune Up on our TX frequencies or our RX slots!
- If we ask for “EU” only or “QRP only” or any other specific request, please QRX if you don’t fall in the request.
- Resist those “insurance” QSOs on the same band / mode. We want to maximize unique QSOs, not Dupes.
- Whenever possible, we will try to listen in the General portion of the band.
- We know our call sign, please do not repeat it.